/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

THE UNSEEN (1980)


 Ever since first seeing ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST I've been a huge fan of character actor Sydney Lassick.  The man just always brings a smile to my face.  When I heard there was a horror flick starring my man Syd as a creepy old fellow with scary secrets I knew I had to check it out.  THE UNSEEN is pretty much everything I hoped it would be.  OK maybe it coulda used a little gore, cuz that's always icing on the cake, but even without it you get a really crazy tale full of incest, murder and general insanity.  Sydney, as usual, is amazing in the role he was born to play as a tubby lecherous fellow that Barbara Bach and her friends somehow trust enough to spend the night in his place when they get stuck in a little town.  This just shows Sydney's vast range in acting styles to go from a kindly old gent to a raving, lady-slapping nut-bag from scene to scene.  I've seen this lumped in with slasher flicks and I can see why cuz there is killing going on but I think there's enough oddball elements to put this in it's own category.  
 The last half hour of this really needs to be seen to be believed when a character who reminded me of Sloth from THE GOONIES mixed with Curly from THE 3 STOOGES mixed with Leatherface shows up and all hell breaks loose.  I would recommend this movie just for that if nothing else.
 The movie was directed by Danny Steinmann who also did FRIDAY THE 13th PART 5 and SAVAGE STREETS so he's alright in my book.

2 comments:

  1. I love this movie enough to eat a womans hair and drive nails through my skull. To bad we couldn't see it in the theater the way Lassick would have wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only took 6 years to finally get to see this one on the big screen!!

      Delete