/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, April 6, 2012

KID VENGEANCE (1977)



 Very late into the whole spaghetti-western cycle(technically it was shot in Israel so I guess it could be called a matzo-western?, but it sure plays like a typical spag) this one is a pretty simplistic revenge tale about a young Leif Garrett(before becoming a big teeny-bopper pop star) who sees his parents murdered right before his eyes and as a bonus his mom gets raped by Lee Van Cleef. This leads to a trail of revenge. You might have to suspend your disbelief for a bit watching this little boy take out a bunch of bandits but it's done realistically enough and he uses the hunting skills that his pops taught him earlier on. We also get Jim Brown who gets his hard-earned gold ripped-off by some other more goofy bandits and he needs that shit back. These two stories come together and it has a decent explosive pay-off with many expected casualties. While I wouldn't say this is a bad western it is sorta unmemorable and I know that for a fact because I've seen this a couple of times now and after a short while the only thing I can recall is young Leif Garrett stars in it. You can find this on a bunch of spaghetti-western compilations and old dollar-store discs without looking too hard.
 I don't think I've ever seen a movie before where the title at the beginning of the movie is different than the title at the end of the movie but my copy of this has KID VENGEANCE as the opening title and VENDETTA as the closing title so that's kinda weird. A.K.A.'s=VENGEANCE and ANOTHER HARD RIDE(which tries to make this seem like a sequel to TAKE A HARD RIDE(which also starred Brown and Van Cleef along with Fred Williamson and Jim Kelly and was a sort-of spaghetti-western version of THREE THE HARD WAY))

1 comment:

  1. You are 100% right. I know I like this movie but I can never really remember it. Even though I have seen it four or five times.

    ReplyDelete